Diet is the most important ingredient in gastritis therapy. Based on some features of the disease, for example, stomach acidity, as well as the presence of erosive, atrophic and other forms, the diet may vary compared to what may or may not be included in the menu.
If a person eats unbalanced, occasionally drinks alcohol, smokes and is subjected to frequent severe stress, then he will inevitably develop a pathology such as gastritis. It is a disease that leads to inflammation of the stomach lining, due to which its integrity is broken. As a result, various unpleasant symptoms appear, the main of which is acute pain in the upper abdomen. In addition, stomach bloating, belching, nausea and vomiting occur, appetite is reduced or disappears completely, which often leads to a decrease in body weight. Stomach gastritis comes in many forms, including the ability to be caused by an infectious environment, but in any case, for a successful treatment, it is necessary for the diet to be healthy. It is necessary not only to change the diet, to determine what can and can not be eaten, but also to change the principles of nutrition itself, make it a diet with a consistent menu for the whole week, sharethe whole amount of food in 5-6 meals. With a deterioration, the diet should be tightened, in addition, there are some nuances if gastritis is characterized by high or low acidity.
Do I need and what not for gastritis?
The main differences in diet will be determined by acidity. What kind of indicator in a given patient is determined during diagnosis, preliminary therapy.
For acidity, which is the most common, you need to follow three basic principles:
- Mechanical. It prescribes a ban on fried food, in addition, thick fiber is not allowed, for example, whole wheat bread, rutabagas, beets, meat veins.
- Chemical. He says you should give up products that stimulate the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which is required for the digestive process, for example, from soda, alcohol, citrus fruits. In addition, rich concentrated soups based on meat and fish are prohibited.
- Thermal. It consists of eating food that has an optimal temperature, which is usually in the range of 16-55 degrees Celsius. If the food is hotter or colder, then during gastritis it causes irritation of the esophagus, which leads to an increase in the duration of absorption of food and, accordingly, an increased load on the stomach.
If the stomach environment is characterized as acidic, then low-fat types of fish and meat, dairy products, eggs, which can be served as omelets or boiled eggs, are suitable for food. Furthermore, the diet may contain peeled tomatoes, zucchini, potatoes, etc.
A low-acid gastritis diet includes foods that promote more enzymes that ensure digestion. For this, it is also important to normalize the food consumption procedure itself. This should be done slowly, it is important to spend at least half a minute chewing on a portion of food, and the eating process itself should take at least half an hour. The secretion of hydrochloric acid significantly improves the intake of slightly carbonated mineral water, 200 ml of such water should be drunk every time before meals. Various fruits and vegetables are allowed, which should be eaten immediately after the meal, as foods are not allowed by the diet. Fruits and vegetables should be chosen light, according to the principle of lack of strong fiber. To further facilitate the digestive process, it is better to peel the fruit in advance and eat only pulp.
Low acidity brings relaxation compared to high acidity. A small amount of chocolate products, light soups and broths and river fish, mushrooms and lean meats, which include rabbit and beef, are acceptable. Milk derivatives are allowed, but it is better to refuse it.
What is not allowed?
If you have gastritis with any acidity, do not use:
- Chocolate products;
- Fried, spicy foods;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Foods rich in vegetable or animal fats;
How to eat during a deterioration - menu for the week
In case of a deterioration, a compromise should be found and the body should get all the necessary nutrients and trace elements, but the diet was neutral, not irritating to the mucosa and inflamed so strongly. In this situation, digestion should be helped as much as possible so that it passes very quickly. To do this, try to grind all foods as much as possible, and for cooking use only cooking or steam cooking.
important it is important to make a compiled menu not only balanced and smooth, but also to stick to it exactly, eating food at a strictly defined time each day. Intervals between doses can not be more than three hours, otherwise the stomach will empty and the deterioration will only intensify. Impossible is impossible to follow, as it is fraught with gastric congestion. In the evening, you should eat no later than three to four hours before bedtime.
Surprisingly, but during a deterioration, it is recommended to spend the first day on an empty stomach. However, the stomach still needs to be refilled. To do this, you need to drink plenty of calm water and lightly brewed tea. Any juice you drink should be warm. Starting from the second day, liquid porridge, the same mashed potatoes in water is allowed. In addition, boiled eggs, a non-concentrated soup in minced vegetables will be helpful. With a worsening of gastritis, fatty foods should be completely excluded from the diet, as its breakdown is very slow.
MON and Wednesday:
- Breakfast with oatmeal and compote;
- The second time you can eat breakfast with steamed cakes;
- Lunch consists of mashed potatoes, vegetable soup with bread crumbs, boiled fish, compote;
- Afternoon Snack - light tea cookies;
- Dinner - a pasta side dish with steamed cutlets from lean meat, light tea.
E VUERT TH, THU, SAT:
- Breakfast consists of baked apples, cakes and compotes;
- The second time you have to eat breakfast with a glass of jelly;
- You should have dinner with vegetable broth, steamed fish, mineral water from gases;
- You are allowed to have an afternoon snack with light teas not sweetened with white bread croutons;
- For dinner, casserole with cheese and compote.
- Breakfast should be boiled with eggs for 5-6 minutes, washed with compote;
- During the second morning, eat cheesecakes with tea;
- Vegetable stew lunch, soup with grated potatoes, jelly;
- Afternoon Snack - a glass of kefir with croutons;
- Dinner with boiled fish with porridge on water.
Diet # 1 for gastritis
Diet # 1 seems to be pretty tough. However, its use is a mandatory measure, as restoring normal digestion and non-irritating the gastric mucosa is very important in case of gastritis or if a person has an ulcer. This diet is prescribed at the end of the disease exacerbation phase. Of the cooking methods, you can use only cooking, steaming, baking. Extremely it is extremely important to reduce the amount of salt consumed, as its presence negatively affects the condition of the inner surface of the stomach, in addition, salt slows down the removal of water from the body.
Diet # 1 involves splitting your entire daily diet into five to six meals in small portions. The total amount of calories consumed can not exceed 2000.
Among the main dishes that should be included in diet # 1 are:
- Vegetable soup. The vegetable base can be replaced with vermicelli or rice;
- Lean meat and fish without veins and other soluble elements;
- Bread products should be consumed yesterday, dried, and also in the form of crackers.
In moderation, you can eat fermented milk products, for example, cottage cheese, soft milk, skim milk.
Not for Diet # 1:
- Rye bread;
- Mushroom-based soups, meat - you will need to give up okroshka, borscht, cabbage soup;
- Smoked products;
- Fish and other canned food.
Diet for erosive form
Gastritis is called erosive when the action of a disease causes erosion of the stomach, called an ulcer. Ulcer is a more serious disease that can lead to very serious consequences, including, for example, peritonitis, when the erosion of the wall gradually leads to a hole through, as a result, the contents of the stomach enter the abdominal cavity. This situation is fraught with death without urgent surgical treatment.
Causes of erosion, along with the action of Helicobacter pylori infection, are the effects of highly acidic substances or gastric fluid. Thus, with erosive gastritis, it is very important to eat properly in order to slow down and reverse the ulcer formation process.
Here are the principles on which the diet should be based if the patient has erosive gastritis:
- Consumed foods should irritate the stomach wall to a minimum and prevent increased acidity;
- You should eat liquid, warm, integrated food on a regular basis. At the same time, it is necessary to minimize the amount of fat and salt in the diet;
- Rejection of bad habits, spices, soda;
- Vegetables should be cooked using heat treatment;
- The emphasis in food should be on soups and cereals.
Diet and menu if the patient has atrophic gastritis
The atrophic form is relatively difficult to diagnose, as there are no symptoms in the early stages of the pathology. From some signs of the disease, it is possible to notice the presence of belching after frying and fatty, which has a very unpleasant odor. In addition, the unavoidable companions of atrophic gastritis are a condition of general weakness, brittle legs and hair, and skin problems.
Atrophic gastritis places serious limitations on the list of what is possible and what is not. In the diet should be abandoned:
- Black bakery products, baked muffins;
- Smoked food;
- Mushrooms in any shape;
- Peas, beans;
- Canned food;
- Untreated fruits and vegetables;
- Soda, including mineral water;
Like other diets for gastritis, in the atrophic phase, cooking methods such as frying and smoking are completely banned. To bring to a state of readiness for use, products can be boiled, evaporated, baked
When atrophic gastritis, it is important to eat:
- Soups based on minced vegetables;
- Various cereals in water;
- Lean meat boiled, finely minced;
- Low fat milk derivatives;
- Boiled eggs;
- Unleavened white bread, baking;
- Heat-treated fruits and vegetables;
- For desserts, you can enjoy jam, jelly, mousse.